Richard Vile MRCVS established the Whitchurch Equine Veterinary Practice over fifteen years ago, to provide a complete equine veterinary service to the local horse and pony population.
Richard grew up in Somerset riding ponies and then horses, competing in local shows and even braking a pony to harness before studying at the Royal Veterinary College, London. Initially Richard worked in mixed practices before settling into an equine/ small animal practice near Newbury. Working as an equine veterinary surgeon Richard enthuses about all aspects of preventative health such as Vaccination and Worming programmes and Dental examinations.
Why a sole practitioner?
- a continuity of care for your horse or pony is possible
- a long term relationship can be built between your horse or pony and their vet.
- and a long term understanding between vet and client regarding their animals welfare.
The fully mobile practice van contains:
- Digital Radiography,
- Ultrasound machine,
- Dental Drill,
- Full set Dental probes and Dental forceps for extractions,
- Motorised Dental Pump,
- Ultrasound Machine with three probes,
- Hoof examination Kit,
- Emergency Fluids,
- Stomach tube and pump,
- Bandages (lots),
- Computerised Records system,
- Head Stand for Dentistry,
- AI and Reproduction equipment,
- My lunch,
- Hockey stick (seasonal),
- Fridge for vaccines,
- Worm kits…..